Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Messenger Totems




Messenger totems/animal spirits are messengers that come directly from the spirit world. Anytime the spirit world decides to send us a message it usually comes in the form of an animal. These animal spirits are not meant to walk with us throughout our life like a birth totem or a power totem. They are here to deliver a message. They may appear throughout a certain period of our life or they may come to drop one message. With these messengers we must be intune with nature as well as the animal that is bringing the message. If your intune - you will know which animals are here to send us a message and which ones are just frolicking. Listen to your own inner intution - you will know. Trust me - you will.




There are a few key things to note when you do come across a messenger, that may help in determining the message being sent. Noting the color, species, the direction it is traveling - are all helpful in figuring out what the animal is trying to forewarn or advise. For instance, the direction the animal is traveling will help the individual decide what direction to take in a current situation. The species of the animal points to the message being delivered from the spirit world and this is incorporated with the direction. There is an additional 'silent message' that the animal delivers. Listen to what your instincts are telling you and you will hear the message. Of course, with all messages from the spirit world we must also use common sense. While some may come with great wisdom, we have to remember that just because they are dead does not mean that they are right.




I have had a few messenger totems. Some have been with me for a period of time and some only a day. The crow has been with me for a couple of years. I know that when I see 2 crows it is time for me to do a reading. They make it painfully obvious that they are not 'frolicking'. They have dropped feathers in front of me. Dove in front of my car, etc... Coincidently, the crow is my spirit guide that helps me with my Oracle readings. And the crow represents 2 goddesses that I do honor. *Note honor, not worship. When I see 2 crows, I take this as a very serious sign. And I try to heed the warnings that come with the reading. I have failed with this before and it was a big mistake.




An animal that appeared only once was a rabbit. This past summer, I was on a walk when I looked up and saw a wild rabbit. When he saw me, he began hopping towards me at a quick pace. He came to the edge of the road and sat up. I looked at him and thought to myself - "Hmmm... I could touch him if I wanted." I talked to him for a couple of moments and then walked on. I took note that when I got home I would have to look up the meaning of the rabbit. About that moment, I looked up and another rabbit was sitting on the side of the road. She was watching me intently and didn't seem to be frightened of me. I thought "That's odd. Its definitely a message." I walked to the end of the dead end and started walking back down the other side of the road. I looked for her and she was gone and then I realised she was ahead of me and she had crossed the road to meet me on my path again. When I got home, I discovered that rabbits are definitely key messengers. They were definitely there with some sort of message. That's when a friend suggested that the rabbit brings news of fertility and birth. A couple of days later my best friend had her baby - early.

No comments: